Whether you’re on your feet all day or chained to a desk, there’s no better way to unwind than a relaxing massage. Now, scientists have discovered another reason to indulge in this simple pleasure: massage can lessen depression, lower blood pressure and even help to ward off colds. When was the last time you had one?
Here is a list of benefits of massage — in case you needed a reason!
- improved circulation and movement
- Increased blood flow which in turn increases the circulation of lymph throughout the body. This can help detoxify & reduce inflammation
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Helps reduce anxiety
- Massages are great stress relievers and fatigue fighters through their release of mood-boosting endorphins.
- Studies have also shown massage can help boost immunity
- Massages don’t just feel good, they do good, benefiting almost every part of the body.
How often can I have one?
A weekly massage may seem overindulgent, but it may be beneficial to your health. A monthly massage is also very beneficial. Just like exercise, massages do more for you the more regularly you keep up with them.
Bliss offers the flowing types of massage:
Relaxation — also referred to as Swedish massage, this style is primarily used to reduce stress, improve circulation and movement and provides the deep relaxation. With the added benefits of aromatherapy oils this massage can also have healing effect on the body. 60min $83 | 30mins $62
La- Stone Authentic Hot Stone — Heated & chilled volcanic stones are used to give a firm massage to the entire body allowing the heat to penetrate to the core reducing muscle inflammation, resulting in deep relaxation. A truly beautiful treatment that will leave the body relaxed yet energized. 1hr 45mins $155
Pregnancy – a soothing, nurturing & totally safe massage designed especially for the expectant mother & unborn baby delivered in a calming environment ensuring maximum comfort. 75mins $90